When it comes to insurance Gallagher has the credentials and expertise to help you keep your business thriving.
Gallagher is proud to continue to support the Restaurant and Catering Association as a platinum partner. We believe we are uniquely placed to meet members’ insurance needs, due to our in-depth understanding of your industry and the competitive scope and quality of the cover we can offer.
Who we are
Founded by Arthur Gallagher in Chicago in 1927, Gallagher has grown to become one of the largest insurance brokerage, risk management and human capital consultancy companies in the world with a global network that provides services in more than 150 countries.
In Australia we are the chosen partner to more than 100,000 businesses, from small companies through to multinational corporations. Our network of 30+ branches across regional and metropolitan business hubs affords us a local perspective – backed by international connections to help achieve optimum outcomes for our clients.
Your confidence is our priority
We assist R&CA members gain comprehensive, competitive cover and guide you through the insurance life cycle. From helping you develop a strategy for approaching insurers, to advising on risk management, to standing by your side when you need to make a claim – we are your trusted business partner. Our purpose is to help you face your future with confidence.
Why it’s wise to consult a broker
Having a broker help identify the needs of your business provides a number of advantages.
- They are conversant with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines.
- Some contracts for services also specify the level of cover that you must have for legal compliance, and your broker can ensure you meet that.
- If the services you provide are highly specialised your broker can suggest endorsements that ensure you’re properly covered.
- They can also clearly inform you about any exclusions in cover that apply to your business.
- A broker can help you manage your premium costs by adjusting the amount your excess is set at.
We partner with your business to ensure you’re protected
The first step in this is for one of our brokers with specialised knowledge of the hospitality industry to get a clear understanding of your business, your risk exposures and your key concerns. Your broker may conduct an on-site risk review or refer you to an appropriate service provider.
Once this is done we will work with you to eliminate or reduce risks that can be managed by your business and to identify the areas where you may need insurance protection. These commonly include:
- Business Income Protection
- Public & Products Liability
- Machinery Breakdown
- Management Liability
- Workcover / Workers Compensation
- Cyber risks
We’re here to help
Our service offering to R&CA members includes
- reviewing your risks and coverage to include updates on any changes to your business
- identifying any gaps or under-insurance issues in your cover
- selecting the right insurer(s) for an optimum deal on the cover you need
- putting together a bespoke insurance program for your business
- presenting your insurance needs to insurers in a positive way
- organising premium funding if you would prefer to spread out your payments
- managing and assisting in the claims process to achieve the best possible outcome
Get free advice
As long-standing partners of the R&CA, our Gallagher industry specialists can help formulate or update your business insurance cover to help member businesses face the future with confidence.
Visit our dedicated R&CA web page for more information.