Learn the skills and knowledge required to use personal hygiene practices to prevent contamination of food that might cause food-borne illnesses.
About Safe food handling
It applies to food handlers who directly handle food or food contact surfaces such as cutlery, plates and bowls during the course of their daily work activities. This includes cooks, chefs, caterers, kitchen stewards, kitchen hands, bar, and food and beverage attendants, and sometimes room attendants and front office staff.
- Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Report any personal health issues
- Prevent food contamination
- Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
- Up to 10 hours to complete