(delivered by AFS)
This course covers the skills and knowledge required by occupants in a facility such as a building, structure or workplace to recognise and report emergencies and to take appropriate action during an emergency. Delivered by AFS.
About Respond to Facility Emergencies
This training is delivered by AFS through Allens Training (TOID: 90909), who are a partners of R&CA. R&CA are not to the delivery RTO of this unit of competency.
- Skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies
- Understand the skills and knowledge required by occupants in a facility such as a building, structure or workplace, as specified in Australian Standard (AS) 3745 and AS 4083
- To recognise and report emergencies, respond to emergency warnings and advice and to take appropriate action during the emergency such as choosing the most appropriate course of action and evacuating from a danger area
- Learn how to apply Work, Health and Safety (WHS) requirements, including identifying hazards and controlling risks
- Understand how to comply with legislation, industry standards, codes of practice and regulations
- Follow facility emergency procedures and direction of emergency control organisation members and/or attending emergency services
- Identify and evacuate occupants who may require assistance
- Delivery: Face to Face/Blending or Online depending on current training restrictions
- Duration: 6-8 hours (includes online and face-to-face learning)