(delivered by our partner AFS)
This first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury. This training is provided by R&CA partners organisations.
About Provide First Aid
This First Aid training is delivered by AFS through Allens Training (TOID: 90909), who are a partners of R&CA. R&CA are not to the delivery RTO of this unit of competency.
- Simulated First Aid Scenarios
- Skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies
- Understand how to provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury
- Understand how to assessing the casualty, providing safety and accessing emergency services
- Learn how to use resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an auto injector for anaphylaxis and administering asthma medication
- Understand how to assist someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Learn how to manage casualties with non life-threatening bleeding and shock
- Delivery: Face to Face/Blending or Online depending on current training restrictions
- Duration: 6-8 hours (includes online and face-to-face learning)