In a recent study we conducted, growing demand and countering staffing challenges were the main reasons why merchants partnered with online food delivery platforms like Uber Eats in 2022.
As a restaurant, maximizing sales is important, but choosing the right partner to help take your delivery business even further can feel daunting. The key is to focus on a partner that offers flexibility and a wide range of delivery options that you can tailor to your specific needs.
Since every business is unique, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. So opt for a partner, like Uber Eats, that can offer deliveries through your staff or using a third-party delivery partner, to help orders run smoothly, keep customers happy, and raise your bottom line
Benefits of using a delivery partner
Listing your business on a third-party marketplace, such as Uber Eats, is a quick and easy way to immediately expand your reach. A major benefit of choosing an on-demand marketplace is that the technology aspects of the ordering and delivery process are managed for you. That means more time to focus on stocking your shelves or preparing your best-selling dishes.
What’s in it for you
- Expand your reach: When you list your business on a third-party marketplace, people searching in your area can discover you.
- Outsource operations: You can rely on them to fulfill same-day delivery for you through their network of delivery people.
- Get insights: You gain access to tools that make it easy for you to manage delivery operations, and provide you with data and insights on order volumes and sales trends, helping you make informed decisions.
Benefits of using a marketplace
Running a business can mean new challenges and opportunities on the daily, and you need a partner that can support your changing needs. Even if you decide not to handle deliveries using a marketplace, you can still benefit from a delivery partner that provides you with multiple ways to run your business.
Alternative delivery and ordering methods
- Self-delivery lets you enjoy all of the benefits of an online marketplace while using your own staff to deliver your orders.
- Online ordering helps you turn website traffic into sales—from people who already visit your website or follow you on social media, and from new people who find you in a search.
- Pickup is another option to consider. On-premise options, like pickup, give your customers a fast and easy way for them to place and retrieve orders at your brick-and-mortar location with less overhead for you.
Ready to increase sales with a delivery partner?
Whether you’re all-in on using a marketplace or prefer other delivery options, you’ve got choices. Getting started is easy.
If you’re new to delivery, get started >
If you’re an existing merchant, check out Merchant Academy >