R&CA have outlined a list of priorities below for the next Federal government ahead of the election on 21 May:
- It must be easier to get to Australia and to work here.
- There must be pathways to ensure the permanent migrant workforce can settle in Australia.
- current migration caps must also be increased.
- Immigration reform mentioned above
- The government must support the creation of more apprenticeships and traineeships by extending the boosting apprenticeships commencement scheme.
- Fee-free TAFE and cash incentives to take up hospitality courses
COST OF GOODS
- COVID-19, supply issues and inflation have meant that the cost of goods have increased dramatically.
- Urgent action is needed help alleviate these pressures.
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS REFORM
- Australia has one of the most complex industrial relations frameworks.
- Industries like hospitality need urgent simplification, especially pertaining to awards.
- Temporary relaxation of Fringe Benefits Tax
- Permanent change to make business meals tax deductible
- Reduction in the small business tax rate
- Allowing restaurants to add the GST on top of the price listed on menus
- Interim income tax relief to allow more Australians to work a second job
- Let Senior Australians work without a harsh tax penalty